Abstract Submissions Are Now Closed
The International Society of Obstetric Medicine (ISOM) brings together clinicians and basic researchers from around the world who are passionate about the care of medical illness in pregnancy. The focus of ISOM is to promote, through research and education, excellence in the care of medical illness in pregnancy.
ISOM 2022 is a three-day conference. The Scientific Abstract session at the meeting provides an opportunity for investigators, clinicians, and trainees in varied disciplines to interact and to exchange and disseminate innovative research, knowledge, and technologies.
We invite Physicians, Nurses, Midwives, Respiratory Therapists, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Physio- and Occupational Therapists and other allied health professionals to submit their science for presentation.
Abstracts and Posters will be displayed using an electronic format.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Abstracts will be accepted in English;
- Headings: Abstract Title, Authors and Affiliations, Background and Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion, and References;
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 300 words and includes Background and Purpose, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Title, Authors, and References are excluded from the word count. Text only (no graphics, images or tables are allowed in the abstract body);
- Only abstracts that are complete and in accordance with the instructions provided above will be considered for review;
- Abstracts can be submitted online only;
- Browser: for best results we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your abstract. Do not use Internet Explorer unless you have to.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Copyright Transfer Agreement – Authors are required to agree to the copyright transfer acceptance noted below before submitting an abstract:
The submitting author must affirm on behalf of ALL authors:
- that the material presented in the abstract is original material;
- does not copy or otherwise infringe on the copyright or other proprietary rights of another party;
- that the author(s) have been involved in developing the work presented in the abstract in order to take responsibility for the content.
The submitting author must ensure:
Conflicts or potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed. Such conflicts may include, but are not limited to, any activity related to the work presented in the abstract submitted that may influence the author’s judgment, for example:
- Having received fees for consulting on a product or company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Having been employed by a related company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Holding stocks or shares in a company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- When in doubt about whether a conflict or potential conflict may exist, please notify the secretariat upon abstract submission.
AUTHOR CATEGORIES (applies to first/principal author only):
Trainees: Undergraduate students or graduate students enrolled in a degree program (PhD, Masters degrees including MPH, MN, MSc, etc.), health care professionals in training (e.g. residents and fellows), allied health professionals undertaking residency programs (e.g. Pharmacists and Dieticians) or specialty education (e.g. RNs completing a critical care course).
Non-Trainee: Health care professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Midwives, Respiratory Therapists, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, other) not undertaking a training program as described above.
KEY DATES / DEADLINES
Submission deadline extended to: Monday, June 27, 2022, 12:00 noon EDT
Acceptance & decline notices sent by: mid-August, 2022
Acceptance for oral / poster & decline notices by submitter: August 15, 2022
Registration deadline: August 15, 2022
Submit poster using PPT template: TBD
ABSTRACT REVIEW & JUDGING
Abstracts will be reviewed and scored by a panel of interprofessional judges prior to the conference.
Top abstracts by trainees may be invited for an oral presentation in a related oral session. ePoster display will be optional for those invited for an oral presentation. All other accepted abstracts not selected for an oral session are expected to be presented as ePosters.
EPOSTER SESSIONS / VIEWING TIMES
ALL presenting authors are expected to be present at their ePoster during designated poster viewing times (times TBD), and should be prepared to facilitate discussion with delegates, and poster discussion facilitation panel, which will consist of national and international faculty.
ALL ePoster presenters will have the opportunity to provide a brief oral summary of the poster, followed by discussion with the ePoster discussion facilitators and delegates. ePosters will be displayed electronically for the duration of the conference.
For all accepted abstracts, the presenting author must register for the conference by August 15, 2022 in order to present (oral or ePoster).
Authors of abstracts presented at ISOM 2022 will be offered the opportunity of having their abstracts published in Obstetric Medicine.
In order to be published in the journal, abstracts cannot have been or be in the processes of being published elsewhere. Authors will be contacted regarding the publication of their abstract(s) after the conference. Authors will be able to decline publication of their abstract in Obstetric Medicine should they wish to submit and publish their abstract in another venue.
For queries regarding the abstract submission process or if having technical difficulties, please contact:
T: 888.527.3434 / 519.263.5050
T: 888.527.3434 / 519.263.5050